Sunday 12 April 2015

The Hunt

Image courtesy: Google


The sun shone brightly in the east and I was surrounded by grunts, chatter and activity. I prepared myself for the hunt though I was apprehensive of getting my hands on something worthwhile and fleshy enough to satiate me. I was no longer the ferocious tiger that I was in my prime- ruthless, ambitious and persistent in my pursuits.

 My survival instincts knew better than to retire and have a relaxed life, so I quickly dressed and kick-started my day. Navigating the busy roads in the scorching heat, I was on the lookout for a customer for the interesting insurance policies my company churned out.



This piece of five sentence fiction is written for the topic 'Hunt' at Lillie McFerrin Writes

Also linking to :
 http://ultimateblogchallenge.com/
 http://www.writetribe.com/write-tribe-pro-blogger-challenge/

4 comments:

  1. The insurance policy stuff was a surprise twist! good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a twist I was not expecting! I'd bet it would be easier for the tiger to get his prey than for the insurance salesman to land his. Did you ever see the old western comedy where Bob Hope's character sales life insurance to Billy the Kid?! Hilarious.
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete