Sunday 5 April 2015

The Entrance

Image courtesy: Google

I could feel my heart thumping and beads of perspiration sliding down my forehead as I took a deep breath and stepped onto the metallic rail that slithered into the night. My body stiffened as I saw a beam of light emerging from the tunnel. 

“This is it” I thought as I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the train to wipe me out into the darkness.  The noise was deafening as the train came roaring towards me but as it died down I realised that I had been waiting on the wrong track. I stood there frozen, at the entrance to my second life.





This piece of Five Sentence Fiction was penned for the topic Entrance at Lillie McFerrin Writes

Also linking to
http://ultimateblogchallenge.com/
http://www.writetribe.com/write-tribe-pro-blogger-challenge/

4 comments:

  1. Should I be glad that s/he was saved waiting to die on the wrong tracks or should I feel pity that s/he got saved to continue living her/his dark and unworthy life? It would not be an easy task to try out dying some other time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suicide takes courage. Imagine just how desperate someone has to be to even think, let alone attempt it. I have never been able to comprehend how society can term suicide as a criminal act. First we fail people. Then, we condemn them for not making it on their own. I am not advocating suicide. Just saying that we need to be more sensitive about it. In this case, either the someone subconsciously really didn't want to end life or that someone was so distressed and tense that they ended up on the wrong track. Hmmmmm..... interesting choice of words 'wrong track.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he should take that as another shot at life and try to fix the problems. Not everyone gets such second chances. Nicely done, Vidya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that's quite dark and sad. I wonder what happened to that person and how they ended up in that situation, as well as what they'll do now they've got a second chance.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete