Monday 2 March 2015

A Friend For Life

Image courtesy: Google

A new found friend
you stepped in to blend
with my life, to win
my heart and reside within.

Over cups of tea
our thoughts flowed free,
occasionally trapped
within love notes wrapped.

You came to my door
and offered nothing more
than a tender stroke of my hair
promising a lifetime of care.

A man of words very few
a heart full of love so new,
you rarely needed words
to bridge our different worlds.

In simple silence you waved
a magic wand I craved
to create new cheer
with someone so dear.

Akin to sky and land
sometimes, water and sand
different we may be
but so are lock and key.

At every day’s start
I seek a promise from my heart
for a special place to keep
this friendship so deep.




 Linking to http://www.writetribe.com/write-tribe-pro-blogger-challenge/

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to a friend. Your words represent the ideal of friendship--giving and never taking, and a constant presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A love or a friend, I think it is both. Lovely poem. Such emotion and depth.
    Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. A love or a friend, I think it is both. Lovely poem. Such emotion and depth.
    Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of us need a friend like this. Some of us are very blessed to find such a friend in a life-partner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such friendship is a rarity these days...
    You are blessed, is all I can say.
    Touch wood!

    ReplyDelete